This page contains the most up to date professional and career oriented skill-set and achievements.
- Experience with in-depth troubleshooting of Windows Desktop and Server OS, including Proc Mon, Task Scheduler, the Event Viewer, Windows Server Backup, DHCP/DNS/AD/Group Policy, the Registry, and File Servers.
- Familiar with command line utilities for scripting and programming such as Python, PowerShell, and Bash.
- Proficient in networking schemas and protocols, such as firewalls, subnetting (CIDR), VPNs, VLAN tagging, and more!
- Network and server/application infrastructure disaster recovery planning and execution.
- Expert in implementing ITIL best practices in a service desk to decrease resolution time and increase customer satisfaction.
- Innovative redesign to knowledge-base articles and information management.
- Proven leadership in managing projects such as software implementation, security audits, administrative re-organization.
- Built server and networking infrastructure (New AD/migration, router/firewall, switches, and application software) for the SMB environment pursuant to HIPAA guidelines.
- Unparalleled dedication to Information Technology as a field and an unwavering resolve to get the job done right.
- Hackathon winner for a simulated phishing attack learning platform built with the open-source Gophish framework.
Technical Skills and Tools
- Diagnostics/Repair: ProcMon, Event Viewer, DISM/SFC/CHKDSK and SpinRite
- Firewalls/Networking Appliances: Netgear, Cisco, WatchGuard
- Programming Languages: Python, PowerShell, Bash, CMD, XML/CSV, and SQL
- Productivity Applications: MS Office, Office 365, G Suite and Sharepoint
- Remote Connectivity and Management: RDP, PSRemoting, ConnectWise Automate, ConnectWise Control, Teamviewer, Putty, and GoTo Assist.
- Operating Systems: Windows (XP, 7, 8, 10, Server 2008, 2008R2, SBS 2011, 2012, 2012R2 and 2016), Debian
- Ticketing: Salesforce, ConnectWise Automate, TeamWork Desk, GoTo Assist Service Desk
- Systems Administrator at Audigy (1 year)
- Design, deploy, maintain, and secure networking and server infrastructure (firewalls, physical/virtual servers, VPNs).
- Consult with SMBs to adhere to HIPAA policies and obtain PCI compliance.
- Serve as Tier 3 escalation point for the general Helpdesk.
- Technical Support Specialist at DesktopShipper (1 year)
- Developed software installation packages and Python scripts to solve internal inefficiencies.
- Troubleshot API errors (JSON, Base64).
- Performed QA for new development releases.
- Kitchen Staff at Vancouver Pizza Co (2 years)
- While earning my Associates degree, I started as a busboy and worked up through the ranks to Dishwasher, Line Cook, Prep Cook, and Server. Quickly learning each position, I also helped administer the POS system and performed daily cash-out/tip-out.
- Bachelor’s of Science in Cloud and Systems Administration: Western Governors University (present, Senior)
- Associate in Arts: Clark College, 2017
- Eagle Scout
- CompTia Security+
- CompTia Project+
- CompTia Linux+
- CompTia Network+
- CompTia A+
- CompTia Cloud Essentials
- LPI Linux Administrator
- LPI Linux Essentials
- ITIL Foundations in IT Service Management
- CIW Site Development Associate
CompTia Stackable Certifications
- Secure Infrastructure Specialist – CSIS
- Linux Network Professional – CLNP
- IT Operations Specialist – CIOS
- Systems Support Specialist – CSSS